Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Braggin' Rights

Since my Dad retired a few years back, he has been busy making "things"! I've been blessed repeatedly to be the recipient of his handy work. As he is the son of a carpenter, perhaps he comes by this naturally. Today, I found this adorable picnic table on my front porch! It's a "little" version for my grandchildren.

Here's a few more pictures of his creations! This is a mission style chair he made for my husband's 50th birthday this past May (note the hand carved duck decoy on the table...yep, Dad made that, too!)And here's a little table and 2 chairs he made for the grandkids when they come. Allyson and I have been hosting tea parties with it!



And, finally, here's a bench that Dad made for me! My daughter made the pillows.


2 comments:

Paula said...

oh......Is your dad looking to adopt???? LOL Very nice furniture and great family heirlooms too!

Laura-IH said...

Wow, Conni! Your dad is talented. That furniture is gorgeous! I especially love the bench!