Thursday, December 4, 2008
Yesterday, I began the process of removing the old wallpaper from the master bedroom closet. We already went through this process for the master bedroom, itself, when we moved in, but did not have time to do the closet. So the closet has sat empty (well, sort of...it had become a "collect-all" for various odds and ends!!), waiting to be finished. There were only 2 layers of wallpaper in the closet! The top layer, the oh-so-pretty green, was applied in the late 1970's or early 1980's. The second layer, the lighter color on the plaster wall, was probably original to the house. As I remove the old paper, I am finding an occasional horse hair from the paste used to apply the wallpaper! There are a few minor cracks in the plaster that my husband will repair, and then I will apply the new wallpaper. It will be soooooo nice to have my clothes back in the closet!! They have been resting on racks in the bedroom since we moved in!!!