Saturday, June 12, 2010

Feathered Star

May was not only the big wedding month, but it was also the time for the annual BPF Retreat in Indiana. Six fun filled days of quilting with liked-minded friends! A group of us hit up a great quilt shop, The Back Door, on the way to the conference center, where I purchased this star quilt kit. It's a paper pieced Mini Feathered Star pattern by Cindi Edgerton of Little Bits. The fabrics are reproduction Colonial Christmas and it measures 17" square. I was able to start the flying geese units while at retreat, and then came home and put it away until after the wedding. It's now pieced and ready for quilting and binding!

Think I might have to make another one!!!

10 comments:

The Other Barb said...

wow! this is really nice. Great job Conni.

Unknown said...

That is beautiful! I've never paper pieced....maybe you can show me how in November?

paront1222@comcast.net said...

Very cute Conni!!!

Angela said...

Stunning!!! My bday is in January by the way... or a lovely see you in November giftie...I am just sayin'...:o))

Michelle said...

Wow...that turned out great Conni!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely, Conni!

Robin said...

So pretty! And I am SO jealous that you got something done that you bought during retreat!! I didn't start any of my new kits :( You and Laura are beating me in that department LOL Maybe I'll have 'em done for next year!! Great job and cant wait to see how you quilt it!

Vickie said...

That is the cutest little quilt. Great job. I don't remember seeing that quilt at Back Door. We need to do purchase inspections in case we missed something.

busylizzy said...

That is so pretty Conni. I think that is the woman that we took a class from at Road 2 Ca. I made my little one but have the pattern for this one. Love how easy the pattern paper comes off.

Laura-IH said...

Wow! Conni, that is gorgeous! Look at those teeny-tiny triangles! I love it!