Monday, September 10, 2012

September Finish and a New Start!

I finished my September block for the QSQA.  It went quick, and was fun to do.  The pattern called for only 2 fabrics for the center of the block, buy I wanted to stay with my scrappy theme and used multiple reds and creams from my Kansas Troubles scraps.


I also completed the first row of the Row Along over at Bee In My Bonnet.  I'm doing this with a group of friends.  I've always wanted to make a "row" quilt, so this seemed like the opportunity to do so.  I had originally wanted to make this using  my 30's stash, but decided to use up some of my large Thimbleberries supply instead.  Lori, over at Bee In My Bonnet, has lots of tutorials on her site, including how to make 4 patches in a fun way!  I used her  method to make this row, and it went FAST!


4 comments:

The Other Barb said...

A nice "finish" & I like the scrappy look.

Ray and Jeanne said...

I like the scrappy block - it looks great! ~Jeanne

Deb said...

Very nice! I didn't even think of using multiples of one fabric. Love how your's came out.

Quilter Kathy said...

Great blendy look with the reds!