Monday, February 2, 2009

For the Love of ME

...Mary Engelbreit, that is! This is one of my UFO's (not on the challenge list), and it is now a quilt top! This is just a panel that I put several borders on, and paper pieced the little pinwheel corner stones. Quilting to come soon, as I hope to give this as a gift to a friend.

Yesterday, my local quilt shop hosted a "Quilter's Rumble" at a local community center. This was an all day event for those of us who are Super Bowl widows or non-football enthusiasts. It was a time to sew on any project you wanted and share in some good fellowship. So, I brought my ME fabrics that I purchased several years ago, and started on my top. I finished up the last border this morning.

4 comments:

Angela said...

That is adorable!!! She is very sweet.

paront1222@comcast.net said...

I LOVE Mary E!!!
I need to get out and get some of her fabric....

Nice to finish another project, huh?
Peggy

Anonymous said...

The panel is very, very cute, and the red print border sets it off perfectly!

busylizzy said...

That is just adorable Conni. Good job. Is it quilted yet? :o)