Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lessons From Mama - Block #4

Month four from "Lessons from Mama" is complete! I picked my kit up yesterday, and made the block this morning. These are not difficult blocks, and I'm so glad to be completing these, in a timely fashion, as I get them. In the past, when I've participated in BOM programs, I would procrastinate on getting started, only to have the blocks pile up and become overwhelming. This is why last year's Thimbleberries Big Quilt BOM is still sitting on the floor in my sewing room, incomplete. I am working on it, and plan to have it completed by year's end.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Conni! I googled this quilt and found it will be very interesting, with some blocks standing alone and others making up a part of larger blocks. Can't wait to see it done! I agree with keeping up with a BOM. My "Ginger Jars" ended a few months ago, but I still haven't put the last two together.

The Other Barb said...

I like the pattern & colors in these " lessons from Mama" BOM blocks. Gonna have to buy this pattern someday!

Donna said...

Very pretty! The completed quilt will be stunning!

3anklebiters said...

i like the color combination, very nice block.

busylizzy said...

Love the blocks Conni. I had to go back to the older posts to remind myself what the other blocks looked like. That's going to be a pretty quilt. Very retro looking, I think.