Friday, June 19, 2009

Dress Up Day!

Earlier this week, I made a dress for my sweet granddaughter! I had purchased the fabric while I was in Arizona in April for just this dress. The fabric is Moda's "Summer Fun" by Deb Strain, and I used a pattern I purchased for cutting out the bodice, and then did my own thing for the rest of the cutting and sewing. I even did some "fussy cutting" to cover the buttons on the dress. Allyson will be here in a few weeks, and then we will be off to Seattle for a family reunion. I thought the "Summer Fun" fabric was a perfect choice for the event! I will be making her a matching purse for all of her little girly-girl needs! I tell you, it's like playing dolls all over again!


7 comments:

The Other Barb said...

oh, this dress brings back memories of when I made dresses for my girls. I think I even had a watermelon print too. My oldest is 31 so this was a few years back :)
I usually had a scrap left & put all the scraps into a box. Later, After all 3 of the kids were grown, I made a memory quilt from those scraps. What fun that was remembering who's dress I had made from the scrap. I even made some shirts & short for my son when he was little. They were in the quilt too.
This dress is adorable!

Anonymous said...

A matching purse will be the finishing touch to an adorable dress!

Michelle said...

Very cute Conni! She's going to love it, I'm sure. :)

paront1222@comcast.net said...

Conni,
That is just too cute :) I cannot wait to see pictures of her modeling it.
You should make her a dolly with a matching dress and of course the purse too :)

Loved your red/white/blue quilt too....
Peg

Robin said...

oh my GOSH what a cute girlie-girl dress! makes me wish I was that age again! LOL she is gonna look TOO cute! Great job Conni!

Laura-IH said...

Oh, Conni! That is the sweeted little dress I've ever seen. I love those buttons! What a lucky little girl!

Angela said...

So how loud can I say ADORABLE??