Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Train Up A Child In The Way He Should Go...


...and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Went fabric shopping with Allyson today! She LOVES fabric stores! This was our second outing to buy fabric, and as you can see, she found some treasures, too! She searched through a store full of fat quarters and found 2 that she just had to have! The clerk at the store asked her what she was going to do with her fabric, to which she calmly stated, "I don't know!"!! Spoken like a true quilter! On the way home, she pulled out her fabrics, and opened them up. As she held one fat quarter up in front of her, she exclaimed, "It's beautiful, Grandma!"!

Yep...I see another quilter in our midst!

4 comments:

paront1222@comcast.net said...

Ah yes...a quilter in training :) I am sure this beautiful little girl will have a great stash very soon!!!

Jacob said...

This is the part where I probably shouldn't mention the time when I was in high school and you made me quilt and I intentionally tried to find clashing fabric, and how I've never touched a needle and thread since...

But good for Ally. She's a girly-girl and should like doing girly things like quilting more than her uncle did...

Michelle said...

That is so sweet! A true quilter at heart! :)

Angela said...

That is the sweetest story. And at least your son can sew on his own buttons. LOL